Pumped up pumpkin pie! Thanksgiving will never be the same after you learn our Baked Bros™ medicated pumpkin pie recipe. Making the perfect pie is simple if you follow along step-by-step with Nadeem. You can even add in extra syrup to your own homemade whipped cream if you've had enough of Grandpa Joe's election talk!
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F.
2. Make the filling: Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Mix in the brown sugar, white sugar, salt, spices—cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves, cardamom, and lemon zest.
3. Mix in the pumpkin purée. Stir in the cream. Beat together until everything is well mixed.
4. Pour into pie shell and bake: Pour the filling into an uncooked chilled or frozen pie shell. Bake at a high temperature of 425°F for 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 350°F. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes more. The pie is done when a knife tip inserted in the center comes out wet but relatively clean. The center should be just barely jiggly.
6. About half-way through the baking, you may want to put foil around the edges or use a pie protector to keep the crust from getting too browned.
7. Cool on a rack: Cool the pumpkin pie on a wire rack for 2 hours. Note that the pumpkin pie will come out of the oven all puffed up (from the leavening of the eggs), and will deflate as it cools.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out our Free Recipe Book!