23 OCT, 2020
Reading Time: 2 min 41 sec
Baked Bros™ Nadeem Co-founder Nadeem is definitely no stranger to homemade edibles. Cooking THC syrup right into the mixture is a breeze! Join Nadeem today for a tutorial on some oh-so-spooky caramel apples fit for any Halloween get-together. You can even use the leftover caramel for other frightfully-fun treats and drinks!
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Dip apples in boiling water for a few seconds, then dry with paper towels to remove any wax from the peels.
2. Set apples aside; when completely cool, insert a wooden chopstick firmly into the bottom of each apple for a handle.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Stir butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and sweetened condensed milk together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and reduce heat to medium.
5. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees F (120 degrees C), 25 to 30 minutes; stir constantly to prevent burning. A teaspoon of the caramel, dropped in a glass of cold water, should form a firm ball.
6. Remove caramel from heat and stir in vanilla extract and your dose of Baked Bros™ Unflavored Syrup.
7. Working quickly, dip each apple into the hot caramel to completely coat the apple and about 1/2 inch of the wooden handle.
8. Sprinkle apples with any desired toppings while still hot. Let caramel apples cool on the parchment paper. Use caution, caramel is very hot.
Need more recipe ideas? Check out our Free Recipe Book!
Comments are closed.